designed by: M. Aladdin & H. Fathy

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

For the guy who'd say Hello...

She told me once, while she's here in our city, that she has sent him a letter, named "10 reasons why you should hire me". She told me that He called her, laughing, "hey!"he said "Come to meet!". She hadn't any sort of relation with him. She was a plain citizen who sent a letter to a famous journalist, but the very-hot-shot invited her to meet, just because of her words. Her plain words.
It turned out that she didn't join his prestigious newspaper (not because he's a womanizer and she's ugly, in fact she's just beautiful), but she kept her admiration for him, for his writings, and for his Courageous viewpoints.
When I talked to her today she was sad--was cracked down actually-- that marvelous guy has passed away. A farewell to Gibran Tueni, the man who'd say "Hello!" with a wide welcoming smile.
.............................................

dedicated to Eve

4 comments:

Hilal CHOUMAN said...

Farewell farewell farewell....
God blesses his soul...
In fact I've always had opposite opinions with him.. but when i knew the news, i got depressed.. In fact i cried.. I tend to cry so much these days.. I feel something awful is approaching.. everyday it becomes nearer and nearer...
I was raised in a home who has always been known by his support of arabic major issues.. Day after day, i feel that these issues are within the hands of the wrong parties.. A point which makes me so disappointed cause it gives rise to the kliche that tells the arabism is equal to dum choice..
It's shame..
Whenever you say something opposite to general opinions followed by arabic goverments u becomes a zionist.. It's a pitty.. It's NOT fair..
I guess it's LIFE!

Muhammad Aladdin said...

I do agree with you, H, mater of those "governments", and about Gibran, I can't judge of that but after a long time, we need "facts" H, if we ever know it someday.thanks for yr words

Eve said...

You know, I was going to write about that meeting today...
it doesn't matter whether one agrees with him or not. what matters is that a man who wasn't afraid of telling the truth has just died.. a man that no matter what the nature of the suppression was, you expect him to stand up and yell: hell, NO!

Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! » »